The James L. and Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship Program is open to students in Missouri who want financial assistance in going to college.
Only Missouri residents are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
Applications close: February
Application Area: Missouri
Here are the facts and basic requirements for this scholarship program:
- Open to Missouri residents
- Available to students undertaking full time study
- Tuition costs plus $2000 in extras are covered
- Open to people who have completed 1-2 years at a Missouri community coollege who want to transfer to university or college
- Must be studying at an accredited 4 year institution
- The scholarships are renewable; meaning they can be provided for each year that you are studying
- Applicants must show financial need. The maximum gross family income (adjusted) for applicants is $50,000.
This scholarship is not only open to high school graduates.
It is an excellent opportunities for mothers and women who, as adults, have completed at least one or two full years of study at a community college in Missouri, with a desure to attend a 4-year college or university undergraduate course full time as a transfer student.
One of the big factors affecting who gets this scholarship is financial need. It is aimed at people who have limited financial resources to cover their own education. As a mom or a single woman, if your EFC (expected family contribution) is no more than $7000 and you have an adjusted gross family income of no more than $50,000, then you quality to apply for the James L. and Nellie M. Westlake Scholarship Program.
How Much Money?
This is a genersous scholarship as it covers the entire cost of your tuition of a 4 year college or university program. In addition to tuition costs, an extra $2000 is provided to take care of additional expenses like books, fees and other supplies.
This is an exceptional scholarship that has the potential to pay for your entire education as a college student. Moms returning to school who live in Missouri are certainly encouraged to apply for this life changing scholarship.
Awards will cover the cost of tuition, plus approximately $2,000 additional to cover the costs of fees, books, and supplies. More information is available at scholarsapply.org/westlake/