The Society of Women Engineers Scholarship (SWE) is, as the name suggests, aimed at women who wish to have a career in engineering or the computer sciences.
Which Scholarships Are Available?
SWE has a large number of scholarships for different classes and majors, ranging in value from $1,500, up to over $10,000. In fact, there are more than 250 scholarships available now, and these combine to a value of more than an impressive $700,000.
The classes covered include freshman, sophomore, junior, senior, graduate, and re-entry and other non-traditional classes. This means that there are scholarships for women in every stage of education.
The Society offers many scholarships and you only need to complete one application, which is then used to consider you for every scholarship that you are eligible for.
Who is Eligible?
It is important to be aware of the eligibility requirements of any scholarship that you are considering applying for. This saves time being wasted on applications that you will not succeed with due to not meeting the criteria. Below are the general requirements for SWE scholarship applicants:
- Applicants must be female.
- Need to be planning to study, in the upcoming academic year, an ABET-accredited program in engineering, technology, or computing.
- Full time study must be undertaken (some exceptions apply for non-traditional and re-entry applicants).
- Applicants must not already have full funding for tuition, fees, materials and other related costs.
- Each individual scholarship program may have its own more specific requirements, so it is important to read through the details of the specific scholarship you are wanting to apply for.
SWE also offers international scholarship which apply to eligible students who are studying at four approved universities in Querétaro, Querétaro, Mexico.
You can discover more about the SWE scholarships at their website